Henry Fligeltaub started his company in 1897 in Evansville, Indiana. Henry collected and sold scrap metal, paper, rags and animal hides. With his brother Alex the business grew over the years into a commercial and industrial scrap yard.
In 1971, The Henry Fligeltaub Company was purchased by Joe Morgan who initiated a major expansion in personnel, equipment and property that made the company a state-of-the-art recycler of scrap metals. Still locally owned, four generations of management experience provides the most comprehensive industrial and commercial scrap processing services to the tri-state area. Large or small we can handle your scrap.
WHAT WE DO
We provide custom scrap handling systems to our industrial accounts utilizing trailers, vans, roll-off and load lugger containers. We have hydraulic shears, balers, and cranes along with other equipment used to prepare and process all grades of scrap both ferrous and non-ferrous. Besides our industrial accounts we also purchase scrap from other scrap yards, individual scrap operators and the general public. Processed scrap is sold through brokers or directly to mills and foundries. We ship our processed scrap by barge, rail and truck.
The Henry Fligeltaub Company has a longstanding dedication to customer service and product quality. Fligeltaub was among the first scrap metal recyclers to receive an ISO 9001 certification in 1997. However, in 2018 as a commitment to continual improvement, Fligeltaub transitioned from an ISO to RIOS certification. The Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS) is an integrated Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management System designed to ensure that we provide a quality products in a manner that is also protective of the environment and worker heath and safety. Our current RIOS:2016 certificate expires on December 27, 2021.
Henry Fligeltaub Company Current RIOS Certification
We recognize the importance of our environmental responsibilities. As a part of our RIOS:2016 certified management system, our carefully prepared policies, procedures, and extensive employee training assure that everything we do respects the environment.
Our business has a positive environmental impact through the recovery of materials to replace non-renewable resources as ingredients in the manufacturing of new products. Our goal is to ensure that all products and services rendered by the company are of the required quality and comply or exceed the customer’s requirements. It is our goal to reuse products and recycle materials in a manner that is protective of the environment, protective of worker health, and consistently delivers a quality product. Senior Management of our organization is responsible for and committed to establishing a management system framework to achieve our quality, environmental, and health and safety goals.
Our business will operate according to these principles:
- We will consider the health and safety risks of our operations and implement appropriate controls to prevent workplace injuries and illness.
- We will consider the environmental impacts of our operations and our products and commit to preventing pollution.
- We will develop and maintain quality, environmental, and health and safety programs that conform to the best practices within the recycling industry and consistent with the nature of the risks of our operations.
- We will comply with all relevant environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations at all levels including international, national, state/provincial, and local regulations.
- We will fulfill relevant stakeholder requirements including customer and product requirements and voluntary commitments made by our organization.
- We will ensure worker participation in the RIOS Management System.
- We will manage health and safety risks through a hierarchy of controls.
- We will promote customer satisfaction through quality management.
- We will strive to continually improve our quality, environmental, and health and safety programs and resulting performance.
We shall hold ourselves to these principles and expect all those who work for our organization, or on our behalf, to comply with this policy.